Thursday, September 9, 2010

Seinfeld Credits Scientology with Making Him a Better Comic

Jerry Seinfeld creditsJerry Seinfeld credits studying Scientology for making him a better stage performer.

Seinfeld tells Parade magazine that a teacher in high school inspired him to learn about the religion almost 30 years ago. "It was interesting. Believe it or not...it's extremely intellectual and clinical in its approach to problem-solving, which really appealed to me."

Though he did not continue on with the Scientology teachings, he does say that the religion helped him
get his start in comedy. "In my early years of stand-up, it was very helpful. I took a couple of courses. One of them was in communication, and I learned some things about communication that really got my act going."

Seinfeld goes on to explain that as an entertainer, Scientology "really helped me onstage to understand how you have to invade the space of the audience a little bit...Not too much, because then it's obnoxious. But you can't be short of them either, or you won't control them."

Source: Parade via US Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment